After spending a lot of money on tiles everyone wants their tiles to be shiny and good-looking. To keep the beauty of your tiles maintained and to prolong their lifespan, it is important to clean them regularly. Efflorescence is something that needs to be eliminated from the tile floors and there are various ways to do it. Efflorescence is small tiny hazy particles and white deposits that get accumulated on the tiles due to moisture. Although these are not harmful, they can ruin the beauty of the tiles. To know more about how to remove efflorescence from tile floors, read the blog completely.
What Causes Efflorescence?
Efflorescence can be caused by many reasons and can affect the beauty of your tiles. There are various ways to remove efflorescence from the tiles too. Some of the main reasons why efflorescence is caused are-
- Ongoing Damp And Humidity- This is one of the main reasons why efflorescence is caused. This may occur when the drying of the surface after installation takes longer time than expected.
- Accumulation Of Water On The Surface- When the water spill stays for too long on the surface, it results in the formation of efflorescence.
- Naturally Occurring Salts- The products professionals use for tiling the surface might consist of natural salts which can result in efflorescence.
How To Avoid Efflorescence?
Efflorescence can be formed due to many reasons and to avoid them you can use the following steps.
- Removing Moisture From The Surface- Moisture can be formed when excess water gets accumulated on the surface which leads to the formation of efflorescence. Excess water must be removed from the surface. This is useful to remove efflorescence from tile floors.
- Take Precautions Against humidity- Humidity can be one of the main reasons for the formation of efflorescence on the tile floors. You must avoid grouting in the areas when the temperature falls.
How To Remove Efflorescence From Tile Floors?
Efflorescence generally is removed naturally and they disappear with time but if you are looking to remove them quickly you can use methods like decalcification to get rid of them. Although this method will not remove efflorescence completely, after some point it might come back. You can use the steps given below to remove efflorescence from tile floors.
- Gather Things Required- To remove the efflorescence from the tiles you will require some products that are given below-
- Cleaning solution
- Scrub or Brush
- Clean water
- Cotton towels
- Read The Label- Before starting to clean the efflorescence from the tiles you need to know about the cleaning product you are using for efflorescence removal. You will get complete information on the manual instruction about how to remove efflorescence from the tile floors.
- Wear Protective Gear- You should wear gloves and a jacket and eye protection too.
- Broom The Tile Floors- To remove the excess dirt from the tile floors, you need to sweep the area using a broom. Make sure you remove dirt from all the corners of the floors. You can also use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust from the floors.
- Apply The Cleaning Solution- Once you remove the dust from the surface of the floors, you must apply the cleaning solution on all the parts of the tiles. Wait for 10 minutes and let the solution dwell on the surface. Make sure you don’t let the solution dry on the surface. This is an important step to remove efflorescence from tile floors.
- Scrub- Once the solution gets settled you should scrub the area using a nylon pad, scrub brush or a scrub machine to get rid of the efflorescence from the surface.
- Remove The Solution- Once the efflorescence is removed from the surface of the tile floors, remove the solution using a mop or a wet vac.
- Rinse With Clean Water- Once the solution is removed you must rinse the area with clean water. Once cleaned you must air dry the surface. You can repeat the following steps if the stains do not get removed properly. These are the steps used to remove efflorescence from tile floors.
Hire Professional Cleaning Services – Make Efflorescence Removal Easy
Professional cleaners can help you with safe methods to clean your tiles deeply and rid of all kinds of stains on the tiles. Professionals know the right ways to remove the efflorescence from the tiles too. In case you are looking for the best tile cleaning company in Sydney, you can hire the cleaners at Tims Tile Cleaning Sydney.
We are amongst the best tile cleaning service providers in Sydney. We use the latest tools and techniques for removing stains and efflorescence from tile floors. Our experts specialised to remove efflorescence from tile floors. Give us a call now at 02 8319 1071 and get a useful solution for your tile problems.